Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Watch out for the bull!


I've been away in NYC this past week. I notice that all of the stocks have done well since I left. Unfortunately OCX.to hasn't fell to my target acquisition price of $30 and I'm wondering if I'm being too cheap (!). I'm convinced that this is a great company but I see thunderclouds on the economic horizon in the near term that may still produce a fantastic buying opportunity as soon as this summer.

I'm doing an indepth analysis of the following to be posted soon:

  1. Alleghany Corp Y-- a mid cap conservative undervalued insurance and investment holding company with high insider ownership
  2. TSX Group Inc. X.to-- the most undervalued stock exchange in the developed world. 15% average yoy compound growth over the past 10 years, in the top 5 cash flow generators in Canada, no debt and merger syngeries with MXX as well as 4% dividend. Gross margins of 70% are luring the big 5 banks into setting up a rival exchange which may lead to a duopoly situation--- hardly a reason to worry about upstream profitability.
  3. CCL Industries Inc. CCL-B.to-- boring supplier of labels bottles and squeezable tubes to global manufacturers of drugstore/grocery products. A mid cap cash flow monster with a P/E of only 7.5, P/B of 1.5 and P/CF of 4.9 hovering over 52 week lows.

more soon....

No comments: