Saturday, May 3, 2008

Volatility = Opportunity

Yes..... but I would definitely wait on some cash until the current rally fades away as it seems likely that some more bad news will need to be factored in before the bear market turns around. This could take a few months to a few years and that doesn't really matter to true long term investors.

Good advice about AVOIDING stop-loss strategies from Motley Fool.

I'm looking carefully at 4 new value equities right now:

  • EBAY
  • SBUX (Starbucks)
  • UNH (United Health- a giant HMO in the US)
  • OCX.TO (Onex-- analyzed previously--- just hasn't hit my target entry price of $30 yet)

They are all very interesting, out-of-favour companies. I'll post more about them soon. I don't intend to invest anytime soon-- at least until another big scare rocks the market.

l

No comments: