Friday, May 30, 2008

An analysis of AIG, advice about DELL and mandatory reading from Tweedy Browne


Read Paul Price's article here. I do agree with his main points. I do find his articles to be, well, "ebullient", lol.

DELL is ramping up after a decent Q1 beating estimates. Michael Dell states that the company is finally executing the turnaround in all areas. For reasons that I don't really understand, analysts still are underwhelmed by these results. I'm holding my position (in at $19).

Tweedy Browne's letter to shareholders. If you're pressed for time, read pages 3, 6, 7 and 8. It's interesting that they have accumulated stocks in many of the companies that I have reviewed here. (note that Browne was one of Buffett's comtemporaries, in the same biz class at Columbia taught by Ben Graham, so it shouldn't be surprising that they see the world through a similar lens).

l

No comments: