Thursday, November 8, 2007

GGC

GGC's Q3 conference call demonstrated to me that the management is using cost containment strategies very well. Operating income improved from Q2 in an increasingly hostile economic environment, mostly from the Royal Group output.

The stock price is in free fall right now--- looks like I got in a bit early, lol. Despite this, I don't think it's a "falling knife". Stock bottoms are impossible to predict and over the long term usually make a minimal impact on ROI.

I plan to sit on my investment for 18 months-3 years unless management or fundamentals deteriorate.

Next week or so, I plan to discuss two large cap stocks that I own and am planning to buy more of: Staples SPLS and Cemex CX. I believe that these companies are both exceedingly well managed and undervalued due to being in unloved sectors currently. The margin of safety for investment in these is considerably higher than GGC.



l

No comments: