Friday, June 6, 2008

The Big Sell off may be beginning

As I anticipated recently, the bear market rally has been crushed today and may well carry on for awhile, providing some great bargains for great companies.

I'm watching the following very carefully:

  • LYG (actually my bid was filled today at $29.50 but I'd buy more with the 13% yield)
  • MKL (have a bid in for $399)
  • HHULF.PK This is a logistics/real estate/container handling company that operates the Port of Hamburg. More on this intriguing opportunity later.
  • BBSI
  • MCO
  • AEO
  • LM
  • AXP


I've sold GGC for a considerable loss and am fascinated to see that the price/share actually went UP today when almost every other quality company has taken a dive. GGC is teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and is just edging it's debt covenants. Go figure.

No comments: