Wednesday, February 27, 2008

This month's focus

in my portfolio I'm focusing on looking for dips to add to positions in:

  1. AXP American Express-- one of the best companies for the long term now (big time insider buying also)
  2. LM Legg Mason (new CEO recently bought 1 M worth of stock)
  3. ORI Old Republic Insurance-- a conservative way to indirectly buy the monoline mortgage insurers eventual recovery without losing your stake if they go bust-- a very well managed high dividend paying company regardless
  4. HOG Harley Davidson (see this article)
  5. MCO Moody's
  6. BBSI Barrett's Business Services
  7. CKI.TO Clarke Inc.
  8. BAM.A.TO Brookfield Asset Management
  9. CSCO Cisco--- cash machine with massive market share
  10. KMX Car Max----extremely well managed Buffett pick with some recession potential
  11. DELL-- much maligned cash machine avoiding di-worse-ification despite lots of acquisitions.

I've covered all but ORI in previous posts. I'm hoping for some more ugliness to wash out in the market so I can get more of these real cheap. The uglier the better. I'm finding these short term stock rallies very annoying ;-)

I believe (as does Morningstar) that all these equities (except perhaps Clarke Inc.) are trading with at least a 30% margin of safety.

l

No comments: